Since Wizardry on the Apple ][ I have loved the RPG genre, though for many years I mostly played first-person shooters. But in recent years I have been all about RPGs, from Gothic to Baldur’s Gate to Fallout to Neverwinter Nights and more.
I also have a strong love for indie RPGs such as Eschalon, Din’s Curse, and Avadon – and that starting for real with Avernum IV back in 2006. I have been fortunate to be on the Beta Test team for Spiderweb Software for the past several years, which has given me early looks for the ends of the Avernum and Geneforge as well as Avadon on the Mac and iPad.
Today Spiderweb Software launches Avadon 2: The Corruption, the latest chapter in this new fantasy RPG franchise. Bigger, deeper and better in every way, Avadon 2 is definitely worth checking out for fans of the genre. And it is on sale through my favorite digital game store – GoG.com.
Avadon 2: The Corruption Features:
– Epic fantasy role-playing adventure in an enormous and unique world.
– Five different character classes, with dozens of unique spells and abilities.
– Uncover the fascinating histories of Avadon and the many lands of Lynaeus.
– Many different endings. Will you be loyal to Avadon or switch sides and bring it down? The choice is yours!
– Dozens of side quests, dungeons, and secrets to discover.
– Hundreds of magical items to find. Use powerful crystals to make your artifacts even more powerful.
– Huge adventure with lots of replay value. Experience with Avadon: The Black Fortress is entirely unnecessary to enjoy Avadon 2.
Right now the game is on sale for 25% off – just $7.49 at GoG.com. GoG.com is remarkable in that they provide Mac & PC versions, loads of extras from developers, and everything is DRM-free! No Steam client, no cumbersome internet activations / client software / code wheels … just a single file you can keep on a backup drive to reinstall whenever.
Here is the trailer: