Happy Sunday! Well, we’ve gone from the Super Snooze Bowl to the Olympics, and while I detailed why I wasn’t too excited … once the actual SPORTS started it was amazing. Seriously, check out the video in this article featuring 15-year old Russian figure skater Yulia Lipnitskaya. OMG.
Once again the weather has been ‘cold as all crap’ or some other description that works with near-zero temperatures and sub-zero wind chills. Lisa was still not getting better, so I came from work and went to her primary care doctor on Tuesday, then she had an appointment with her ENT on Wednesday. She is now allergic to penicillin products, and her allergist wants to revisit allergy shots and work through all of her potential food allergies and intolerances. He is not convinced that gluten might not be a problem … we will see!
Another cool thing? On Thursday I played baker, making a cake and a large batch of cupcakes and a double-batch of butter-cream frosting, and coloring some so that Danny could use some as part of asking his (very recent) girlfriend to go to prom.
Oh – and she said yes! Apparently right after that everyone descended and ate all of the cupcakes and my baking got high praise. (sadly the Tupperware cover is a bit warped and took off one of the hearts).
Here is my weekly summary:
Sunday: REST DAY! Loved the time with the family again!
Monday: ~0F winds – yeah, standard 6.75
Tuesday: -10 wind chills … 6.75 miles
Wednesday: SNOW DAY! Ran my standard 6.75 miles in 6 or so inches of fresh snow!
Thursday: -2F with light winds – 6.75 miles
Friday: -2F but not windy – 7.5 miles, it actually felt warmer than the thermometer.
Saturday Post haircut run … 12.75 miles!
So that was my week – about 48 miles in more challenging temperatures, winds and snow. Can I just say again how much I loved running in the snow, and yet how much I really felt the combined running and shoveling on Thursday morning? Fine by me – that is a ‘good’ burn!
And this week over at Arman’s site, the ‘Spill It Sunday’ is ‘Top 5 Lists’. Honestly, not my favorite of the topics … but here goes anyway!
The last 5 people you spoke to on the phone – people still TALK on their phones?
– Colleague at work
– My boss at work
– Lisa after her ENT
– Lisa when she was making doctor appointments
(and that actually takes us back the whole week)
The last 5 meals you ate –
– Breakfast – greek yogurt, peanut butter toast and prunes
– Lunch/Dinner – sweet potato with cheese and meat sauce, piece of cake.
– Breakfast – the end of my Crunchy Peanut Butter Bulgur with Berries … I finished the bag with this batch. Definitely doing this again!
– Dinner – fundraiser dinner with Danny & Chris at Buffalo Wild Wings. They wanted mozzarella sticks and fries, and we also got a large boneless wings … and my split was my fave – mango habenero. We all had cake later on.
– Lunch – had a lunch meeting at work, so salad with grilled chicken, apple and water
The last 5 places you travelled –
– Liquor store (wine run!)
– Hair salon … yes, we get our hair cut in a salon. So why?
– Buffalo Wild Wings
– From main engineering building in Corning to project site in Big Flats
– Dropped kids off at school (so Danny could easily transport his cupcakes) and off to Corning
The next 5 places you will go –
– Out for a run
– Market for supplies for the week
– Work on Monday
– … who knows!
The last 5 workouts you did –
– Running x5
5 things making you happy right now –
– Enjoying a drink tonight and relaxing with Lisa
– Sitting on the couch with the dogs
– Going to Buffalo Wild Wings with the boys (fundraiser for Danny’s Class of 2015)
– My Saturday run!
– Transitioning to an exciting new set of responsibilities on my project at work
So what about you? How was YOUR running this week? Cold enough for you? And how about YOUR top 5s?
Hope everyone has a great week!