I had a post about 90% done, then I came across this post at Chocolate Covered Race Medals about the ‘100 Days Challenge’, and I was intrigued. In the comments Liz from At 20Something noted that the challenge had a site to register with some basic rules, so I checked it out!
Here are the basics:
So first you register in the challenge >here<, then choose your favorite platform for submitting pictures. Here you can decide yourself on the privacy of your participation & happy moments:
– Share your picture via facebook, twitter or instagram with a public hashtag #100happydays;
– Come up with your own hashtagto share your pictures with to limit publicity. (Don’t forget to tell us how to find your pictures though 😉 )
– Simply send your pictures to myhappyday (at) 100happydays.comto avoid any publicity.
And you’re ready to go! 🙂
Why is this worth doing?
People successfully completing the challenge claimed to:
– Start noticing what makes them happy every day;
– Be in a better mood every day;
– Start receiving more compliments from other people;
– Realize how lucky they are to have the life they have;
– Become more optimistic;
– Fall in love during the challenge.
Even when the challenge is over the collected 100 happy moments can always remind you about the beauty of your life. For that, you can receive a little 100 page book with your 100 happy daysat the finish line of the challenge!
Here are my thoughts:
I know a number of people who are impacted to various degrees by SAD (seasonal affected disorder), and also a few who are struggling with depression … a ton of people fighting the ‘winter blahs’ after this brutal start to 2014!
This is not a ‘cure’ for anything or a substitute to getting professional help if you need it … it is a daily attempt to focus on something that brings you joy and happiness in your life, and sharing it with the world.
Is that such a bad thing? I don’t think so – and so I am going to try it! I have already done two days, and am finding more than a few things to be happy about – I included some of them here.
So what are YOUR thoughts? Are you up for the challenge?