Last week I had two guest posts on my weight loss and running journeys at The Gluten-Free Treadmill, and the response was … well, just incredible. I can’t thank Laura and all of the amazing folks who commented both here at there on the post. But guess what … I’m back! Today Laura is hosting part #1 of what I called the ‘Paleo journey of our omnivore family’. Check it out to learn how we worked on changing our family diet to adapt to Lisa’s allergies and intolerance issues – and for all of us to eat better.
While we’re on the subject of diet, the whole subject of Gluten has become a mess. Someone decided that cutting out gluten helps you lose weight, and suddenly being gluten-free went from being a way to deal with allergy and intolerance to a trendy fashionable thing … like this (NSFW language):
Day 5 of the ’10 Day You’ Challenge is ‘Six Places’. This is easy and hard – easy to pick great places, hard to choose six. I left out my homes in Stoughton, Acton, Townsend MA and Horseheads NY, and also my workplaces through the years. I also left out MOST of the vacation spots and even a number of great work destinations I have visited. It made me realize that while not a world traveler’ to a huge extent, I have been to plenty of places and had amazing times!
Day Five: Six Places
1. My college fraternity – even though it is a bit weird going back now, the years I spent and the things I did and went through built who I am today.
2. Antigua Honeymoon with Lisa – we were so young when we got married (though older than any of our siblings and most of our friends), and it was really weird suddenly being someplace filled with OTHER people with your exact same wedding date. We had so much fun, and saw so many different types of couples, including many who seemed to build their days around not spending any time together … wonder where they all are now … ?
3. Wherever the roads may take me – this picture is from the trails at 8500ft in Park City, Utah … which was an amazing trip paid for by Hyundai in late summer 2012. I also had one from San Diego, and some from everywhere I have run these past coupe of years. As I noted before, running for me is now part of my way of exploring new places … and gives me new perspective on old places.
4. Washington DC – we seem to have great memories from every vacation we take – which I think is because we work hard to make it all fun, even if things don’t go as expected. This vacation everything seemed to click, and each day was just filled with great things – we explored everywhere and had an amazing time.
5. Cape Code & Boston with the family – I have already talked about how much we love Boston and the Cape, and wanting to be retired along the beach … I have so many Cape Cod memories since camping there as a little kid to our vacation in 2012.
6. Anywhere with Lisa/strong> – Yeah, I KNOW! But it is true – whether it is coffee on the porch, a fancy dinner, or whatever … we find and make our own fun. This picture was in the big chair they have out front where we went apple picking last year. Sure it is there mostly for kids to play on … but who says WE can’t be kids as well?!?
So what is YOUR diet like, and what are some of YOUR favorite places and why?