Continuing with my 30 Days of Gratitude, I am taking a step back to reflect on some of the things I am thankful for this year going into the holiday season.
Day #26 – A Time for Giving Thanks
While I have taken one item per day for my 30 days of Gratitude, they have become rather long-winded posts. For today I really wanted to focus on just the basics – I have a lot to be thankful for!
1. Having my wife and boys around the table with me. We have already eaten as this is published, thanks in part to Black Friday moving to late Thursday afternoon.
2. That my brother survived his heart attack and continues to be an important part of my life. I was definitely disappointed that we had to cancel plans for Thanksgiving together, but am glad it was a choice we had to make. Never take anyone for granted.
3. That we have a roof over our heads and jobs that put food on our table and clothes on our bodies. It is so easy to take the affluence most of us enjoy for granted.
4. For all of our health – not perfect, but we are all here and able to do things together. For me personally, I am thankful for a body that will carry me across miles upon miles of running every week and sustain me through busy days of work and family as well!
5. For Danny, Chris and most of all Lisa. Oh yeah, and our dogs Rosie and Riley, our cats Leo and Dolly, and our fish Monty as well!
What Are You Thankful For?