Continuing with my 30 Days of Gratitude, I am thankful for this incredible blog and social media community.
Day #21 – Sorry … NOT Sorry!
OK, when I got tagged not once but twice I thought ‘how am I going to do ANOTHER’ award post as a Gratitude post? Then I realized something – I don’t have to fake it!
Truth is, I would have totally left this blog and the community behind if it wasn’t for all of you great people – over the last couple of years since I started reading running & healthy living blogs and writing my own blog, I have learned SO much (um, tapering, fartleks, compression, I could go on forever!) – and thoroughly enjoyed ‘meeting’ so many great people. It is definitely something I am grateful for!
4 names that people call me, other than my real name:
2. Mr. Anderson (normal)
3. Mr. Anderson (Matrix voice)
4. Mikey A (old nickname from high school & college, heard it a couple of times at reunion this spring!)
4 jobs I’ve had:
1. Newspaper delivery (Brockton Enterprise, Boston Herald, Boston Globe)
2. Retail associate (Bradlees, through high school & college)
3. Optical Engineer
4 movies I’ve watched more than once (OK, since THAT list is in the thousands I’ll go with the ‘memorized’ concept):
1. Star Wars original trilogy (OK, three movies is cheating, but at least I narrowed it from all 6!)
2. Harry Potter movies (more cheating)
3. Real Genius, Airplane and Better Off Dead (yes, still more cheating)
4. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
4 books I’d recommend (I just did yet another book post, so these are recent books never on one of my lists … links are NOT affiliate, just Kindle links):
1. The Art of Racing in the Rain (2009) by Garth Stein
2. Burial Rites (2013) by Hannah Kent
3. Gone Girl (2012) by Gillian Flynn
4. Sweet Tooth (2012) by Ian McEwan (Lisa was *not* a huge fan of this one 🙂
4 places I have lived (yeah, not big on moving 🙂 ):
1. Stoughton, MA. (25 years)
2. Troy, NY (college years)
3. Acton, MA (4 years)
4. Townsend, MA (13 years)
5. Horseheads, NY (last 6.5 years)
4 places I have been (tough choices!):
1. Cape Cod (about a million times during my life!)
2. Disney World (by myself once, and a few times with the kids!)
3. Karlsruhe Germany (a couple of weeks on business but plenty of time to explore!)
4. Antigua (honeymoon – such great memories!)
4 places I’d rather be right now:
1. Boston area / Cape Cod
3. Somewhere in the Carribean
4. San Francisco
4 things I don’t eat (perhaps this illustrates part of my food problem!):
1. Clams due to a strong reaction (by extension I don’t touch mussels or oysters), not allergic, but will be on the couch all day
2. Um … I tend to avoid processed foods, fried foods, packaged sweets, ‘chemical soup’ etc. But those are ‘avoid’, not ‘don’t eat’.
4 of my favorite foods:
1. Ice cream
2. Fresh fruit
3. Sweet potato
4. Peanut butter
4 TV shows that I watch:
1. Twin Peaks (Old Fave / re-watching)
2. Doctor Who
4 things I’m looking forward this year:
1. Maintaining running, fitness, weight
2. Danny graduating and starting college
3. Chris doing his college search
4. Whatever adventures Lisa and I have
4 things I’m always saying:
1. How are the college applications going?
2. Are you guys almost done with homework … we’re going to bed
3. Time to wake up!
4. True story!
Have you done one of these posts? If not … consider yourself nominated 🙂